Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Eventful Day!

I have no pictures to show for this day but I'm going to write about it all the same. I was walking to work and when I was almost to the Metro station I saw a whole bunch of people crowded around the escalators. I saw cops everywhere and news people so I figured it must be someone important.
It was Barack Obama!
That makes three of the Presidential candidates I saw in a matter of a few days!
I didn't see him for long because he was getting in his car just a little while after I got there. I did get a picture of his SUV with my phone though.
The cool thing is that mom saw him there on the news this afternoon! What a small world. Even though she couldn't see me, she was watching the crowd that I was in all the way on the other side of the country.

Then, this evening I was in my first car accident! I had dinner with a member of the staff here and when we were one our way home someone pulled out in front of her. Thankfully they both had sturdy SUVs and no one was hurt. I hit my knee a little bit and I'm sure I'll be feeling it tomorrow but I'm sure it's fine. Afterwards we were standing out in freezing rain waiting for everything to get straightened out. It didn't feel that cold but you could see the rain freeze on the cars. Thanks to God all is well and I'm still able to type this message to ya'll!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Any whiplash? Bruising? You know that I know all about it. I am very thankful that everyone was ok. Take care of yourself!! That is an order.

By the way, any news....?