Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CPAC 2008

What is CPAC you may ask? It stands for Conservative Political Action Conference.
I got to go this weekend as well as help with a booth for Liberty University School of Law. I saw many influential people. Here is the account of my adventures:

This is Wayne LaPierre, Executive Vice President of the National Rifle Association.
I took this picture for Pops! ;0)



I got there early on Thursday morning in order to see the Vice President of the United States of America!!!

The following are pictures of Vice President Dick Cheney speaking.






Yep! I saw him with my own eyes and here is the proof!




This is a picture of Laura Ingram. (Actually it's a picture of the big screen. I was in the back of the room and couldn't get a good picture.) She did the introduction for Mitt Romney.
I took this picture for Ma!!



The following pictures are of Mitt Romney's speech withdrawing from the campaign. It was so surreal. I was surrounded with fans who were cheering and screaming and the atmosphere was ecstatic. Then he said something that sounded like he was going to pull out and I was thinking, "Is he really about to withdraw?" Then, sure enough, he did. All the fans were in complete shock and were dismayed. I'm just excited that I was there to see it! (Not that I necessarily wanted him to drop out but it was an historical moment!)













I wanted to go and see the President on Friday so badly but because of the hurricanes he had to come earlier than expected. He was speaking at 7:15am and that meant that I would have to be there by 5:00am at the latest. I was totally willing to get up but I had no way to get there because the Metro (DC subway) doesn't run that early! :0(

Then, on Saturday I got up early again and went to see the future President speak! (OK, so he might not be the future President but he's an awesome guy and I feel privileged to have seen him speak!)

Here's Mike Huckabee!






This is a picture of me and my Huckabee sign. I thought I was going to have to give it back so I was trying to do a sad face but I couldn't help but smile. What came out was a mixture that ended up being this little smirk.


No comments: