Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Capitol Tour With David Barton

Through a connection at work I was able to attend a special night tour of the Capitol building by David Barton. It was amazing! How anyone can deny the Christian heritage that we share as Americans is beyond me!

This is the painting that is at the top of the Capitol rotunda. It is of George Washington joining the great cloud of witnesses mentioned in Hebrews.




This is a picture of David Barton speaking. (Sorry it's so dark.)




This is a picture of the Old Senate Chamber. It was so pretty! Too bad the camera didn't capture it!




This is the old Supreme Court Chamber. It was very beautiful as well. I would suggest that you all get some videos by David Barton. Especially his one about the Capitol building. There is so much awesome information that I couldn't begin to tell you here.





This is a little out of order but this is a picture I took of the back of the Supreme Court building on the way to the tour at the Capitol.




I don't have the picture yet but there is one of me and David Barton and a few other people. It was really neat because one of the guys from the program that I am in grew up in the same town as the Bartons and they are old friends. After the tour I got to go with them and see their DC apartment.

No comments: