Sunday, November 30, 2008

New York City!!!!

This Thanksgiving I was thankful for the wonderful trip that God allowed me to go on!!! I got to go with a friend to New York City!!!!
I was really bummed because I didn't get to go to Leavenworth, WA with my family but God totally made up for it!!!
My law school friend Ivette, grew up in the Bronx, lived in Pennslyvania for a few years and then moved to Virginia to go to Law School. Her daughter had an orthodontist appointment in PA so we went up for the weekend. Then, her mother-in-law who lives in PA needed a ride to her daughter's house in Queens. We took her and thus I got to go to NYC!!!!
This is a picture of geese flying over the Delaware River. Ma and Pops know why this picture is special! ;0)



This is Ivette's daughter Kristen, and I at the Coopersburg Diner in PA.



This is Ivette with her mother-in-law and children.




This is me with the NYC skyline in the background!



This was my first view of the city! First we drove through Manhatten, then dropped her mother-in-law off in Queens, then drove to the Bronx to pick up her sister, then went on the Staten Island Ferry to see the Statue of Liberty, then drove down 42nd St to Times Square.


Another early view of the city.








This picture is for Darin! It's the major Post Office at Penn Station.



Madison Square Garden



NYPD



This is one of my favorite pictures! I wanted to get a picture that showed I was on 34th St and I didn't even realize that we were on 34th St and Park Ave!!!!!



This is the George Washington Bridge. I believe this was on our way into the Bronx. I got to go to four of the five boroughs of New York. I went to Manhatten, Queens, the Bronx, and Staten Island. I didn't make it to Brooklyn but I did see the Brooklyn Bridge!


These are some pictures of the Christmas House in the Bronx. It wasn't going yet but it was still pretty. I guess when it's operating the figures dance around and there's lights and music. It sounds awesome!




This is the enterance to the Staten Island Ferry.


Kristen and I on the Staten Island Ferry.

Immanuel and I on the Staten Island Ferry. We got to see the Statue of Liberty but I couldn't get any pictures of it since it was at night. :0(

Us waiting to get back on the Ferry on the Staten Island side.


NYC Buildings


The New Amsterdam Theatre

Times Square!!!!!!!


It's kinda hard to see but this is the Bull on Wall Street!


That's all for now! I can use all the prayer I can get because I have finals for the next two weeks!! It's really scary because almost my entire grade depends on one test in each class! Pray that I can figure out how to study efficiently and recall all the information that I learned!
For those of you at home, I'll be seeing you in two short weeks!!!!! Yay!!!!! I love you and can't wait to be home with you!!!!!!!!

No comments: