Sunday, November 9, 2008

North Carolina

You've had a little taste of Kentucky. Here's a little taste of North Carolina. Margo is from North Carolina and a couple of weekends ago Candace and I went home with her.
On Friday night we stopped by the North Carolina State Fair in Raleigh on our way to Margo's house.
This is me with the pig that we all worked to win for Candace. (Even though she ended up being the one to win and didn't need us after all.)


Candace on the main drag of the fair.







Margo and I eating Fried Cheesecake!!! It was so yummy!!!! I haven't seen so much fried food in my life!!!! I also got a Fried Snickers! It was divine!!!!





At the end of the fair they had fireworks. They were setting them off right over the entrance where we came in!! I have never been so close to those big fireworks before! They were literally going off right above our head!!!! It was amazing!!!!!!




Picture of the fireworks!




After the fireworks we left and headed for Jamesville, North Carolina!
Jones Rd is just a little ways from where Margo lives.




These are some of the cotton fields around Margo's house. I had never seen a real cotton field before! I even got to pick some and keep it. As we drove along the road I thought of the song "Song of the South". It goes, "Cotton on the roadside, Cotton in the ditch, We all picked the cotton but we never got rich." That's my North Carolina song now!!!!




We got to ride their families three wheeler. I even drove it by myself! Don't worry! Her grandpa had built a roll bar on the back so it couldn't roll over! :0)

We went down by the river and goofed around.



On Saturday night we went to a restaurant named Deadwood. It kinda reminded me of Calamity Jane's. It was pretty good.



The three amigas at Deadwood.



My very first Fried Green Tomato!!! It was yummy!!!



This was my first time at a Piggly Wiggly.




We went to Sunday School at this little Methodist Church that Margo grew up in.




We went to the main service at this Baptist Church that Margo's grandma goes to.


















1 comment:

Stephanie Anderson said...

Carol, you look like you're having so much fun. By the way, I like the t-shirt you were wearing for some of the pictures... it looks familiar. :)