Friday, June 18, 2010

Texas!

Howdy from Texas Ya'll!
I'm sorry that I haven't written for awhile. I've been very busy!
I made it to Texas safe and sound! I took a three day road trip across Virgina, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Texas by myself. It was kind of fun!
Below is a picture of the first hotel I stayed at just outside of Knoxville, TN.




Next is the hotel that I stayed at the next night just outside of Little Rock, AR.



My poor baby was so weighed down! She did amazing though! I was so proud!


On my trip I discovered that the compartment in the driver's door was the perfect fit for my cell phone. At first I thought, "It's like it was made for my phone!" Then I thought, "This car's a 1991, it was most definitely not made for my phone!" :0)


I don't have any pictures with people yet but there will be some to come in the future!
The following pictures are ones that I have taken from work.
My favorite part of Texas so far is the sky! It's so big and beautiful!
It makes me happy! :0)
The 3 pictures below were taken from work one morning.





Yesterday I was researching laws in a book of the state laws of Maine from 1822. As I looked through it I found this piece of paper. It said, "...to N. Cogswell D... of Doct. Nathaniel Cogswell... property belonging..." It was found in the real estate section which seems to correspond to the fact that the paper talks about property. I have no idea whether this paper was really connected to Dr. Cogswell but it may be. Here is some info on Dr. Nathaniel Cogswell: "One of John Cogswell's descendents was Nathaniel Cogswell, who studied medicine with Dr. Perkins, one of the celebrities of Boston, and an intimate friend of the philosopher Benjamin Franklin. Dr. N. Cogswell was present when Franklin killed a pigeon with his new electric battery - a circumstance he remembered and related with no small degree of satisfaction."
Appleton's Journal of Literature, Science, and Art (New York: D Appleton and Company, 1872), p. 20.
I was so excited when I found it!


I took the following pictures this afternoon as I left for work.


I have no idea what happened to this picture but it ended up looking pretty cool!


This is the Christian School that is next to work and the beautiful sky!

Another view of the sky.


This is my favorite shot!


Me and the Texas sky!


Me and the countryside!

No comments: