Sunday, April 20, 2008

Mt. Vernon Take Two!

A group of us went up to Mt. Vernon on Saturday. It was sunny and around 80 degrees! It was beautiful!

This is Andrew and I with Washington, Martha, and their two grandkids.



This is the front of Mt. Vernon. If you compare with the pictures on President's Day you will note that there were far less people! It was amazing!



This is a picture of the smokehouse. I took it for Pops! I wonder how many sticks of Deer Meat you can stick in there!


This is me and the Potomac near Washington's old vault.



Shelley and I decided to go on a riverboat cruise on the Potomac from the Mt. Vernon Wharf. It was awesome! This is the shore on the opposite side from Mt. Vernon. They said that there are 4,000 acres along that shore that cannot be developed to keep the view from the house as close to original as possible.




This is the view of Mt. Vernon from the river. I can actually say I've been on the Potomac!






This is Shelley and I thoroughly enjoying our ride!




This is Fort Washington.



Me and the Potomac.




Another view of Mt. Vernon from inside the boat.


These boys were so cute! They weren't twins but I could just see the Jones boys when I saw them!



This is a bridge on the forrest trail leading back up to the house from the wharf.



Martha never looked so good!




Is it just me or do Martha and George look eerily similar!!!


I actually got to witness George being sworn in! J/K This is inside the Educational Center at Mt. Vernon.


No comments: