Saturday, April 12, 2008

Captiol Tour with the Crumptons

After we looked at the Cherry Blossoms Lisa and I headed back to the Capitol to meet the Crumptons. Our friend Ryan Crumpton's parents were in town and as a congressional staffer, Lisa led us on a tour.

This is the view from the west steps of the Capitol.




Ryan and his parents.



Close up of the Capitol.



Lisa doing her job!




The Captitol is so beautiful inside! This is my favorite room. It is the old House of Representatives room also known as Statuary Hall or the Hall of Whispers. This is the place that made history come alive to me when I came in high school.









I know this picture is blurry but I had to put it in to display the wonder of the whisper spot. Lisa was on the other side of the room and whispering and I could hear her loud and plain as day from where I stood at the whisper spot!




Me and the whisper spot!




More Capitol beauty!




Ryan, Lisa, and I! For those of you who know me, can you guess why this picture is odd? The answer is at the end of the blog! (P.S. Click on the picture to see a bigger image)



I finally made it to the steps of the Capitol! Since we went through the Senate subway I never got to go on the steps in high school.



Fountain in front of the Capitol.


Answer: It's odd because I am the only one with my eyes open!!!! I'm usually the one with my eyes closed!!!

No comments: