Friday, March 21, 2008

Around DC!

Last Saturday I took a little trip by myself! I started out from my place and took random streets and I marveled at how awesome it was to turn a corner and have the Supreme Court Building looming before me! This is the back. Most pictures are of the front and I had never seen what it says on the back before. It says, "Justice the Guardian of Liberty".



It was a beautiful sunny day and I couldn't resist taking yet another picture of the Capitol.




And yet another! ;0)




On my way towards the White House I came across a Support the Troops parade.




Here are the mounted officers following the parade.




I took this picture because I had never seen a half street before!




These pictures are for Christian! This is the Boy Scout statue along the Ellipse by the White House.




Here's a close up of the Boy Scout.




On my way back home I passed by Ford's Theater, where Lincoln was shot.



This is the house across the street where Lincoln was taken and later died.



After I got back I headed out again to go to a free Cello concert at the Kennedy Center with some friends. Here is the outside.




This is me in front of the Kennedy Center.



This is a picture of Harah's friend Joelle, Lee, and Harah on our way home from the Kennedy Center. I took this picture because I was in awe at what a wonderful country we live in!! As we walked back we were singing praise songs. How blessed we are to be able to praise our God openly on the streets!!!!!!



No comments: