Saturday, April 12, 2008

White House Spring Garden Tour!

This morning we woke up early and waited in line for the White House Garden Tour. I actually made it inside the gate!!! It was amazing!

This is the Jacqueline Kennedy garden.


These tulips were huge!!!



This band was playing scores from different movies. The ones that I made out were E.T. and Indiana Jones. When they played the song from Indiana Jones I felt like I was in Disneyland! Speaking of Disneyland, keep reading this post and you'll see something amazing!



Lauren and I in front of the Diplomatic entrance to the White House. Someday I'll be going in there as a guest and not a tourist!!! ;0)



Bryan Cleveland in front of the White House.




Looking out from the President's point of view!



There was a downpour not too long before this but then the sun came out and made everything beautiful! Hmmmm....sounds like what the Son does!



This was supposed to be the rose garden but we couldn't see any roses. The funny thing is that I smelled them!




This is the President's very own putting green!



The view from near the fountain.








Here's proof that I was in the gate and near the fountain!




Lady Bird Johnson started a children's garden where everything is on a smaller scale. They also have hand prints of the grandkids of some presidents. These are the hand prints of the Bush twins.




Inside the Children's Garden.




I had people with me this time when I went by the Boy Scout statue so I had my picture taken with it!




This afternoon we went in the Washington Monument because Lauren and Bryan hadn't been in it yet. Most of my pictures were the same as previous ones I've posted but this time I finally got a picture with the World War II Memorial fountains on! Isn't it pretty?



Me enjoying the view from 500 feet up!




On the east side it says, "Laus Deo". And they try to claim that this country has no Godly heritage!



The view of the Washington Monument from upside down. I was laying on the rounded stone benches around the monument and took this view from where we were laying.



This is where I took the picture from.




This is me with an actual Disneyland Annual Pass in my hands!!!! I can't believe I actually had one in my hands!!! If only it were mine!
(Bryan has one because he goes to Biola and lives just a little ways away.)


No comments: